Mental: Deeper Look

I'm going to spend the next few posts trying to dig deeper into each specific facet. I'm hoping to build a baseline for what types of things make up each facet. One of the most important points to make is that just because something is mental for me it might be social to you. It's important to think about things in relation to what they mean to you. I'm going to give you a framework to help you determine for yourself where different activities fall for you.

Digging deeper into the mind and isolating it from the other two aspects we find that our inner self is the source of our ideas, personality, emotions, and education. We can improve the mind by learning and understanding how our inner self works. I like to think about this as being who I see myself as. Am I a funny person? Do I know a lot of facts? How quickly can I do addition? There are many pieces that make up the brain and its functions and those would all fall under the mind.

Your mind is expanded by new experiences and diversity of thought. The simplest way that I can think of to experience new things is to read about them and while this does offer new ideas it doesn’t sync in as much as a real-world experience. If you read 20 books about skydiving then you can say you know a log about skydiving but some of that information would be just words until you actually went skydiving. Part of growing your mind is experiencing new things from your own perspective.

There are lots of different activities that I would consider to be mental but generally speaking if you're doing something by yourself and it can be done without moving a lot then it is probably mental. In a future post I'll talk about ways that you can use activities in one facet to build others so there are definitely exceptions to this rule but generally speaking mental activities are probably solitary and sedative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Activity: How Balanced Are You?

Social: Deeper Look